'Study smart than study hard', is the formula the physics CBSE class 12 students have to follow when they start preparing for the exams.
Physics is an important paper for students as they look at it as a scoring paper. Of course, if one needs to be perfect in a tough subject, one needs more number of revisions.
Follow simple steps that help you to channalise your reading
Start revising early: It is a good option to read Physics in the morning.
Review and revise: It is not possible to remember everything in one go so you will need to read it again and again. Repeated reading makes you confident enough to answer any question at any time.
Use learning aids to retain information: For example, use visual aids such as mind maps or diagrams. Write formulas on a paper, prepare table or diagram and place it on the wall near your bed. Complete your study before you go to bed.
Learn all the equations: Make sure that you are at your best as Physics is a subject which is mainly based on equations and derivations
Strengthen Your Math Skills: Physics incorporates many mathematical elements. This means that you would easily master this subject if you were adept at tackling multiple formulas and problems.
Simplify: Physics problem you are reading may seem difficult to solve but take another look and begin to analyze it and you will realize that is easier than what you thought. It is important to remain calm and try to solve the problem.
Test yourself: As the exams approach, perform physics related mock tests to be well-versed with the subject. This would help you revise all that you have read and you can see whether you understood the information properly.
Try and finish chapters which you find easy to understand as it will boost your confidence.
Apart from above mentioned points here are few tips on how to tackle exam blues
- Now it is exam time, it is not possible for you to read the whole text. Hence, make a list of those topics you have to read, you have understood and the topics you are perfect with.
- It is better to divide revision list as chapter wise or topic wise. It can also be bifurcated into separate columns having formulae, definitions and derivations.
- Make short notes about derivations in each and every chapter. In addition to this, writing down the proofs will also be good.
- While answering in the exam, derivations should contain a sentence or two of introduction, a diagram [if any], clear mathematical steps and final result.
- Not just the theory questions, the candidates should focus on numerical questions as well.
- Practice Graphs and diagrams thoroughly as it help you to score good marks.
- Circuit diagrams, ray diagrams, graphs, and diagrams of devices must be practised with proper labelling.
- Ensure all the formulae are on your fingertips.
- Be meticulous in answering questions, units and other details are very important. The candidates may lose marks if the minor details go missing.
- Always time yourself while answering sample papers as it will help you manage time during the exam.
- While answering use your time wisely. Wasting time on single question may end up with less scores.
- Read the exam questions carefully.
- Get to the point quickly.
- Do not repeat your discussion points, as this is wasteful and it demonstrates a lack of clear thinking. Whatever your answers, always show how you derived them.
- Most importantly, try to solve all the NCERT questions both solved and unsolved as majority of the CBSE exam is based on NCERT books.