10 Easy Tips To Get Through Exam Stress
With the examination schedule right around the corner, it is the right time to start planning for the final week of your examinations.
Studying for the final exams or board exams or the entrance exams should be the most important thing on your calendar, yet surviving during the high pressured finals week is essential to nail your exams.
Surviving here means, more than just cramming for your exams or tests.
We provide you 10 tips that will help you nail the final week without giving up to pressure:
1. Maintain a healthy diet
- An approaching exam can make you feel overwhelmed, and most of you tend to skip your meals.
- Don't skip your breakfast in particular as studies say that eating breakfast improves short-term memory.
2. Get a good night's rest
- Students tend to pull all-nighters with preparation for final exams with lots of coffee. This strategy could be bad for your body.
- For your brain to function properly, to muster the energy and to maintain alertness throughout the day requires a good night's sleep.
3. Try combined studies
- Finding a person to study with you during your final exam preparations can help motivate you and it also boosts your productivity.
- However, depending on somebody to motivate you to pick-up your books is unwise.
4. Stay hydrated
- Keep yourself hydrated during final weeks to ensure that your body is being taken care of.
5. Relax, take a break
- Breaks seem to be inconceivable, but a few breaks are sure to give you a moment to refresh and refocus.
- It helps your mind to slow down and prepare for the next round of studies.
Final week can be a challenge to many
6. Study, study, study
- It is the most important task, although you have read your entire syllabus, how much of it can you reciprocate is the big test.
- So improve on your weak areas and try solving sample or old question papers in a stipulated time period.
7. Be positive and take care of yourself
- Keeping yourself healthy, eating well and being tidy with a good night's sleep will keep you going and helps you stay positive.
- Do not let the exam fear prevent you from preparing effectively for your boards.
Also read: Tips to Help Kids Overcome Fear of Exams
8. Build a strategy about study time
- Prepare a time table to study different subjects in order to get most out of your study session.
9. Plan ahead
- Make sure to figure out when and where your final exams are being held.
- If you keep it for the last day, the stress can rattle you, so be sure to plan ahead.
10. Stay Calm, breathe
- Take deep breaths in between your study sessions or when you start feeling a bit overwhelmed and just before your exam.
- Keep yourself calm and grounded.
These above quick tips will help most of the students to keep their calm and not get stressed. They will also help them in staying healthy during the final week of your nearing exams. Good Luck folks!