According to the latest Times Higher Education (THE) BRICS & Emerging Economies Rankings 2015, 11 Indian varsities have found a place in top 100.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore is the top university from India. It has been placed in top 25th position in the BRICS University Rankings 2015.
The Time BRICS Rankings is powered by Thomson Reuters, includes only institutions from the countries are Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
Phil Baty, editor of the Times Higher Education Rankings has been quoted as saying, "India is starting to show its potential in these rankings, increasing its overall representation in this new top-100 list to 11, from 10 last year."
The methodology used for universities rankings is same as for the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, which covers - teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
The list of Indian Universities in Times BRICS & Emerging Economies Rankings 2015:
- IISc Bangalore in the 25th position
- IIT Bombay in the 37th position
- IIT Roorkee in the 38th position
- Panjab University in the 39th position
- IIT Kharagpur in the 43rd position
- IIT Madras in the 44th position
- IIT Delhi in the 56th position
- Jawaharlal Nehru University in the 71st position
- IIT Kanpur in the 74th position
- Aligarh Muslim University in the 78th position
- IIT Guwahati in the 98th position
To see a complete list, click here.