Sweden is a multicultural country with about 10 million people. If Sweden is your study abroad dream destination, we give you the most valuable information about the best students cities in Sweden.
These cities are famous for their renowned universities and are student friendly. Sweden embraces equality and diversity, and is among one of the most popular destination for higher education overseas.
Here we provide you with the list of the best cities in Sweden:
- Stockholm is the capital of Sweden and is home to nearly a quarter of Sweden's population.
- It is home to some of the prestigious universities like Stockholm University, Royal Institute of Technology and the Karolinska Institute.
- Owing to the large student population and immigrants, it is a famous, attractive, vibrant and a cosmopolitan place.
- Though it is not famous for its night life due to the high prices, it is known for its chilled way of life.
- Lund is one of the oldest cities in Sweden which dates back to 10th century.
- Though the city is small, it is known as a hub for high-tech companies.
- One of the many reasons to choose Lund is for its university. The Lund University is one of the oldest universities in Sweden.
- It is the country's highest ranking institution which is hard to get into.
- If you choose to study at the Lund University, do not expect a crazy nightlife, though there are a plenty of places to hangout to cater the huge student population.
- Uppsala boasts of being home to Sweden's oldest and second highest ranking institution, Uppsala University.
- Being Sweden's 4th largest city, it has its very own castle.
- Uppsala is a city known for its reserved and quiet life, and well suited for students who are more focused on their degrees.
- With the huge student population, there are enough places for a decent hangout.
- Gothenburg is one of the most happening cities in Sweden, and is not one of the historical, quiet and reserved cities.
- The high ranking institutions in Gothenburg are University of Gothenburg and Chalmers University of Technology.
- Gothernburg is more affordable than other cities in Sweden, and has plenty of places to hang out.
- The locals here are friendly, and the city has its part of history, making its way to one of the best cities in Sweden for students.
- Umeå is for the lovers of the wilderness and the stark beauty of Sweden.
- The city is placed northwards, at a mere 400km outside the Arctic Circle.
- Umeå is known for being a research hub and has a decent nightlife too.
- Umeå boasts of one of the world's top universities, the Umeå University.