The road map to study abroad start with the application process. When you go ahead to apply you may confront with various questions like how to apply, when to apply, what's next after accepting notifications and how to take it forward. Application process in the study abroad is unlike the process in your home-town. Apart from applying and accepting the notifications from the university candidate is required to fulfill the other formalities. The detailed application process involves the following steps.
How to apply for Sweden universities
1. Find your programme in Sweden universities
Applying process start with finding the programme. Numbers will vary depending on exactly what part of Sweden you are living and studying in, but you can get a basic idea on the cost of living from several websites. Here are some of the numbers that you will be looking at.
Sit down dinner: SEK 100 to 150; lunch is cheaper, from SEK. The first step you should visit the Universityadmissions.se or the official website of the particular university to find the list of programmes. Select the programme you want to study and apply online.
2. E-mail confirmation
Once you have applied through online, you will receive an e-mail to confirm that your application has been received. Check out whether details provided are correct, and go to My pages regularly to check for any changes or updates.
3. Notification of selection results
Student applied in the month of January will get result of application in the month of mid-March for the autumn semester, whereas those who applied in April or October will get the result in mid-July for the autumn semester or in mid-December for the spring semester. The notification will be sent through e-mail and published on My pages at the official website.
4. Reply to the notification
After receiving the notification you are expected to send confirmation within the stipulated date. Failing in replying would result in deletion of your name from the course you have applied.
5. When and how to pay tuition fees in Sweden universities
The notification of results, which you get will have the details of tuition fees. You will also receive an email with instructions on how to pay your fees.
6. Applying for a residence permit in Sweden
You have received notification from Sweden University and what alarms is the residence permit or visa to begin your studies. It is important for you to start the process of applying for a residence permit. To stay in Sweden for an extended period of time, a student with citizenship from a country outside the the EU/EEA must apply for a residence permit. Students should submit the applications to the Swedish Migration Board right after receiving and accepting the admissions place offered.
7. Registering for studies
Once you have accepted it is essential for you to register for studies in accordance with the instructions you receive from the department. If you do not register, you will lose your place.
8. Start of semester in Sweden universities
You will receive a notification and information from the department regarding the start of semester. All questions regarding schedule, introduction, literature etc is answered by the concerned department.
- The application programmes begin in the autumn semester. The dates below apply to the standard national application procedure
- Mid-october online applications process opens at www.universityadmissions.se
- January-Admissions applications deadline
- February deadline for submitting the application
- March admissions decision
- April-pay tuition fee
- Apply for residence permit or visa with the Swedish Migration Board
- Late August Autumn semester begins
- Study in Sweden
- Why study in Sweden?
- How to apply for Sweden universities
- Application process for Sweden Universities
- Scholarship for international students in Sweden
- Accommodation for international students in Sweden
- Health Insurance for international students in Sweden