Choosing your study abroad destination is not an easy task. There are many factors on which the decision is dependent and that is the cost of education in that place.
Standard of living in Australia is one among the highest in the world.
Studying in Australia affordable compared to education cost in USA and UK. Tuition cost and living expenses are lower then the mentioned destinations. Part time work and scholarships options are also there to reduce the burden of cost a bit.
Here we provide you information regarding the cost of studying , tuition fees, scholarships and cost of living in Australia.
Cost of Studying
We have collated some data which will give you some brief idea about the cost of education in Australia.
Following data will give an idea on the cost for various types of qualifications. Please note that this does not include highly priced courses like medical and veterinary or engineering and prices are just approximate prices.
|School||AUD 8,000 - 30,000 annually|
|English Language||AUD 300 per week|
|Vocational Education and Training||AUD 4,000 - 23,000 annually|
|Under graduate Bachelor Degree||AUD 15,000 - 33.000 annually|
|Post graduate Masters Degree||AUD 20,000 - 37,000 annually|
|Doctoral Degree||AUD 14,000 - 37,000 annually|
- Australia expects the tuition fees to be paid completely at once. Institutions may charge more than tuition fees.
- Facilities like library , laboratory or sports may be chargeable
- Expenses apart from tuition fees
- Excursions, books, stationery
- Materials related to study like: lab coat, photographic supplies
|Type of course||Specifications||Cost|
|University||foundation Studies, entrance, preparatory, bridging courses||AUD 9,000 - 14,000|
|Undergraduate||Bachelor in arts, buisness, economics and law, Lab based Bachelor like Engineering and science||AUD 14,000 - 35,000|
|Postgraduate||Graduate certificates and diplomas, Master's and Doctoral degrees||AUD 15,000 - 36,000|
|Vocational Education and Training||Certificates I - IV, Diploma and advanced diploma||AUD 5,000 - 20,000|
|English Language training||-||AUD 12,000 - 19,000|
Policies on Refund
- Visa application refused
- If DIAC(Department of Immigration and Citizenship) refuses your application for student visa, then the with the help of notice you receive you can claim for refund to the respective universities according to ESOS act
- One is eligible to get a refund if
- Changing mind of studying in the institution
- Institution does not offer the course which you have arranged to study or made a payment
Scholarships in Australia
Australian government offers scholarships. It invest around 200 million dollars on scholarships annually. Scholarships are also offered by the educational institutions and many other organisations. Scholarships usually cover student exchanges, undergraduate, postgraduate, education and training, study and research
Australian government does not offer any scholarship to international students who undertake English language training, but many institutions provide for the same.
The international postgraduate research scholarships (IPRS) scheme enables students from other than Australia to take postgraduate research qualification in Australia, allowing them to acquire experience while working with leading Australian researchers..
Scholarships cover tuition fees and health cover costs for the holders. They are also benefited with health cover cost for their dependent
Cost of Living
Having an idea of the average expenses in Australia would help you to survive.
|Expenses||Cost per week|
|Accommodation - dependent on where you stay||AUD 70 - 400|
|Groceries and food||AUD 80 - 200|
|Gas and Electricity||AUD 60 - 100|
|Phone and Internet||AUD 20 - 70|
|Public transport||AUD 10 - 50|
|Entertainment||AUD 50 - 10|
This works out to minimum of AUD 400 per week on an average.
Migration Regulation in Australia
- Student need to provide financial evidence according to migration regulation of Australia.
- The proof will be about whether students migrating can afford the cost of education and living.
- This is needed to be assured that students at any given point of time should not face any difficulty related to costs.
Even though students can earn some money by working part time there, the government there is strict about proofs which shows that students and their dependents have access to the following in order to meet up the living cost of Australia:
- AUD 18,610 a year for the main student
- AUD 6,515 a year for the students partner
- AUD 3,720 a year for the students first child
- AUD 2,790 a year for every other child
They should demonstrate that the funds they are relying on are genuinely available to them when they are in Australia.
Cost of living may differ from place to place in Australia, so a student should be prepared if the costs are greater than what is listed here.
- Study in Australia
- Learning Australia
- Why to Study in Australia?
- People in Australia
- Visa Requirements