If you are interested in attending a professional school in the US for medicine, it may be a daunting experience, as it is very hard for an international student to be admitted to an American medical school.
"But it is not impossible."
It is important for you decide a realistic objective and research specific schools carefully and plan accordingly from the start of your undergraduate work, to get the necessary preparation. Being in the field of medicine can be a fulfilling career, to achieve it, you will have to be prepared and informed.
Factors which influence an applicant to choose US for studying medicine:
- There is a broad range of opportunities for you upon graduating.
- It is the field of study where you can help people directly and make them happier.
- Doctors are always said to be on top of the social scale.
- There is a great need for more doctors in the world.
- Compared to other studies, medicine is a profession with constant perfecting.
There are many reasons why you should choose medicine as your career path, there are also many reasons why you should not. The final decision is for you to make. Sometimes, all it takes is just one reason to make the right choice in your career path.
To view the PDF file that has the comprehensive list of top 25 universities for medicine in US, click here. The file gives you a comparison of rankings of the two major ranking systems in the US - U.S. News and QS World University Rankings.