University of Sheffield, UK invites applications for University Prize Scholarships 2016-17. The University Prize Scholarships 2016 is for students pursuing their full-time or part-time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program offered at the university. The scholarship is awarded by the university to the very best Ph.D applications each year. These scholarships are open to all applicants in all subjects.
Details of University Prize Scholarships 2016:
For new Ph.D students starting in 2016-17, the university prize Scholarships will pay:
- Full tuition fees (UK, EU or overseas).
- An annual, tax-free maintenance stipend of £20,000.
- A research training support grant of £2,500 per year for study visits, conferences, books, consumables and equipment.
- These Scholarships fund up to three years full-time or six years part-time study.
Click here for more details about University Prize Scholarships 2016
- Candidates should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent.
- Candidate should be applying to start your first year of study on a full-time or part-time Ph.D with the university.
- Awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants.
How to apply:
- On acceptance of an offer of admission, candidate will be sent details of how to apply for scholarship funding.
Also read: Why choose UK for higher education?
- Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis - applications are assessed on the basis of academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor/ departmental expertise.
- Last date to apply: February 2, 2016
For further information, visit University of Sheffield