University of Cambridge invites applications for Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2016 for students pursuing full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University.
The Gates Cambridge Trust is looking for students with outstanding academic credentials, demonstrated leadership abilities, a passion to contribute to the improvement of society and a good fit with the graduate program at Cambridge for which they are applying.
Details of Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2016
- The scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge.
- The university composition fee and college fees at the appropriate rate.
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£14, 300 for 12 months at the 2015-16 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course.
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom is eligible to apply.
- Candidates applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: Ph.D (three year research-only degree); M.Sc or M.Litt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. M.Phil, LL.M, M.A St, Diploma, MBA etc.) can apply for this scholarship.
How to apply
- Candidates can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and admission to their chosen postgraduate course at the University of Cambridge and a Cambridge College via the Graduate Admissions Office, using the GRADSAF form and supporting documents.
- It is not possible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship without applying to the University of Cambridge.
- Applicants must apply for admission as a postgraduate student to the University of Cambridge and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship at the same time, using the one application pack.
Gates Cambridge uses a three-stage selection process:
- Departmental ranking
Last date for application: December 2, 2015
For further information about the scholarship, click here.