University Grant Commission (UGC), New Delhi has invited applications for Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2015. Scholarship is awarded for the session 2015-16.
UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child with an aim to support post graduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only.
The scholarship scheme is applicable to a Single Girl Child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year master's degree course in any recognised university or a post graduate college. This scholarship is available to PG 1st year student only.
The value of scholarship amount is Rs,3,100/-per month
- Any single girl child who happens to be a only child or twin daughter or fraternal daughter in the family. If the family has one son and one daughter then the girl child is not eligible to take the scholarship under the scheme.
- Student pursuing Ist year post graduation can avail the benefit of the scheme.
- Admission to PG Course in distance education mode is not covered under the scheme
- Age Limit: Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
How to Apply?
- Click Here to apply online.
- While applying online applicants would be required to upload scanned copies of the following documents
- An affidavit on Rs 50/ Stamp paper, from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazatted Officer.
- Scanned Copy of candidate's recent color photograph and signature
- A Joining report from College/University where student have taken admission to 1st year PG course
Note: Candidate will not be able to submit her application unless above mentioned documents are uploaded
Application deadline: September 30, 2015