The National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) has invited applications for the NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2016. This scholarship scheme is being offered to provide opportunities to young scholars to conduct research in the field of education from different disciplinary perspectives.
About NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2016:
The scholarship objectifies building knowledge base of education in the contemporary context. Fellowship will be given for research pertaining to the following priority areas:
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
- Concerns related to Teacher Education Schemes
- Teacher Educators' Education
- Education of the Disadvantaged
- Classroom Processes and Practices
- Curricular Areas
- Education for Peace
- Psycho-social Development of Children
Under this scheme, the fellowship will be awarded to 10 deserving candidates, 4 out of the 10 fellowships are reserved for 4 Regional Institutes of Education (RIEs) one each for Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar and Mysore. Candidates will be selected based on the criteria listed below.
Candidates who are eligible can apply for the NCERT Doctoral Fellowship on or before November 21, 2016.
Who is eligible?
- Candidates who are involved in research in the above listed areas can apply
- Candidates should have a good academic record with at least 60% marks at both Graduate and Post Graduate Levels
- Candidates should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of applications
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. degree in a recognized university or working toward their Ph.D. registration are eligible to apply
How to apply?
- Candidates can apply online only
- Applications can be registered in the prescribed format on the official website of NCERT
- Candidates will be short listed based on the applicants performance in the interview round
- The procedure will be designed by the NCERT which may also include presentation of the proposals
- Non NET fellows will receive a fellowship of Rs 12,000 per month
- NET qualified candidates will receive Rs 16,000 per month
- They will also receive a contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- per annum for period of 3 years
Validity of the fellowship:
- The fellowship will be availed for selected candidates for a maximum period of three years from the date of permanent Ph.D. registration and date of selection in NCERT
- The fellowship will commence from the date of joining by the candidate after furnishing the documents of permanent Ph.D. registration in NCERT and will terminate at the end of three years from the date of joining or with the submission of the doctoral thesis whichever is earlier