A Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST) will be conducted in January, next year to help students develop accurate knowledge and skills for exams such as CAT, TOEFL, GRE and GATE and for admission to higher studies in good institutes or jobs in reputed companies. The candidates can apply following the given guidelines:
Registrations are open for 1st and 2nd year degree students of the following streams:
- BCA & BSc (all)
- Class 12 (Science)
Note: Candidates who qualify will receive 10 or more scholarships of Rs. 30,000 each with Rs 75,000 to the 1st Rank holder.
Registrations are open for 3rd and 4th degree students for the following exams:
- BCA & BSc (Only Computer & IT)
Note: The candidates will receive 10 or more scholarships of Rs 30,000 each with Rs 1,00,000 to the Rank 1 holder.
How to apply:
Candidates shall have to follow the following guidelines to apply for the exam:
- Candidates can apply online. Visit the official website of NEST www.nest.net.in
- Fill in the details, along with a photograph.
- Send the duly filled-in application form along with DD to SEMCI India, B-1, Picadilly Flats, Byculla Road, Mumbai 400 008.
- Candidates must not attach any documents apart from DD along with the application during submission.
NEST 1 Application fee: Rs 600 should be paid. The candidates will have to pay Rs 100 till November 30 and Rs 200 till December 31.
NEST 2 Application fee: Rs 700 should be paid till September 30. The candidates will have to pay Rs 100 till November 30 and Rs 200 till December 31.
Exam Pattern for NEST 2016:
The candidates will be tested on the basis of the following subjects:
- Physics and Chemistry (Class 11 and Class 12): 50 marks
- Mathematics or Biology (Class 11 and Class 12): 50 marks
- Verbal Aptitude (English Language): 50 marks
- Logical Thinking (Reasoning): 25 marks
- General Knowledge: 25 marks
- Last date to submit application form: September 30, 3015
- Date of NEST 2016 examination: January 31, 2016.