In order to provide an opportunity to pursue higher educations to girls from a weak financial background, CBSE is offering merit scholarships to single girl child under CBSE scholarship scheme.
The scholarship will be awarded to girls who have qualified Class 10 CBSE examination with 60%/6.2 CGPA or more marks/grades.
Purpose of the scholarship
- It is awarded to recognise the efforts of the parents in supporting education among girls and to provide encouragement to commendable students by providing scholarship to single girl child who have an excellent academic record, but they are not able achieve higher education due to lack of money.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
- Single girl students who have secured 60 percent / 6.2 CGPA or more marks / grades in Class 10 exam and want to pursue their studying of Class 11 and 12 in school affiliated with CBSE.
- Her per month tuition fee should not more than Rs 1500.
- A scholarship of Rs 500 will awarded for a maximum phase of 2 years. Payment of amount will be made by Demand Draft/ECS.
How to apply for the scholarship?
- Eligible and interested candidates are required to apply online at the official website and send the print out of the completed application form along with the required documents to 'Assistant Secretary (Scholarship),CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2,Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092'.
- Student should have qualified in Class 10 examination from the CBSE and secured 6.2 CGPA or more. Students who are pursuing Class 11 and 12 from CBSE affiliated schools will be selected.
Documents required to be sent along with the application
- An attested copy of mark sheet of Class 10 (2015) issued by CBSE.
- An affidavit from the parent that the candidate is the only child of her parents as per prescribed language on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs 10 duly sworn in before first class judicial magistrate /SDM/Executive Magistrate.
- A cancelled cheque of the bank account in which the amount is to be credited.
- A photostat copy of bank pass book duly attested.