The Azim Premji Foundation announced an annual fellowship programme in education to postgraduates for the academic session 2017-18. Postgraduates in any discipline with 3-10 years of work experience can avail this fellowship.
About the fellowship
It is a two year programme, it offers ground experience in educational and social space with teaching in state-run schools and participation in our field institutes in the first year and capacity building and preparation for teaching roles in the second year.
Benefits of the fellowship
- Candidates will be offered a monthly stipend of Rs 28,000.
- Candidates should possess a postgraduate degree in any discipline
- Candidates should have a work experience of 3-10 years
- Candidate should be proficient in local language of the districts they will be appointed in
- Candidates should be willing to relocate to the districts where the foundation operates.
- Candidates will be selected based on an online assessment followed by personal interviews
After a two-week induction in engaluru, the fellows will be posted in districts of Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Puducherry, Rajasthan, Telangana and Uttarakhand, where the foundation works through its field institutes.
"We know there are people working in organisations with a heart and mind for social change. This is an opportunity for them to know first-hand about the working environment, challenges and the satisfaction one can get while working to improve the quality and equity in school education in India," said the foundation's Chief People Officer Sudheesh Venkatesh in the statement.
The decade-old not-for-profit organisation has been working for domino impact on the quality and equity of education in 350,000 schools in eight states across the country.