This is a very practical foundation course; providing unique and extensive support from university qualified and industry experienced experts. If a candidate wants to learn about dairy cattle and their management, this is the course for him. The course was put together very well. It covered all the important aspects of dairy farming and offered some important practical hands-on information.
The entire course has 9 subjects which cover various aspects of dairy farming.
- Dairy Breeds
- Dairy Products
- The Lactation Cycle
- Pests & Diseases of Dairy Cattle
- Feeding Dairy Cattle
- Managing Dairy Cattle
- Breeding Dairy Cattle
- Managing Dairy Facilities
- Dairy Business Planning
- Select appropriate dairy breeds for different farming situations.
- Describe the different characteristics, including their nature and scope, of dairy products.
- Explain the management of the lactation cycle in dairy cattle, on a farm property.
- Manage general husbandry operations for the dairy cow.
- Manage the wellbeing of a dairy cow, including consideration of its health and vigour, to optimise quality and quantity of production.
- Explain the significance of animal breeding programs for milk production.
- Explain the management of the facilities, including buildings and machinery, at a farm dairy.
- Develop a business plan for the management of a dairy property.
Learn to independently analyse and make decisions about the management requirements of dairy cattle: comparing dairy breeds, managing anything from one cow to a large herd, and producing dairy products (milk, cheese, cream butter etc). This is a very sound foundation course developed in collaboration with industry and by our team of experts (agricultural and animal scientists, veterinary surgeons etc).
In order to apply for the course click here