Wharton University of Pennsylvania offers an Introduction to Financial Accounting Online Course for free.
This course will improve your fluency in financial accounting, the language of business. You will learn how to read, understand, and analyze most of the information provided by companies in their financial statements. These skills will help you make more informed decisions using financial information.
About the Course:
Accounting is the language of business. Companies communicate their performance to outsiders and evaluate the performance of their employees using information generated by the accounting system. Learning the language of accounting is essential for anyone that must make decisions based on financial information.
The course is broken up into ten weekly modules:
- Introduction and Balance Sheet
- Accrual Accounting and the Income Statement
- Cash flows
- Working capital assets
- Ratio analysis and Mid-course Exam
- Long-lived assets and marketable securities
- Liabilities and long-term debt
- Deferred taxes
- Stockholders' equity
- How to read an Annual Report and Final Exam
- Duration: 10 weeks.
- Timings: 6 to 8 hours of work / week.
To apply, click here.