Text Mining and Analytics is an online conducted by the Delft University of Technology. In this course, you shall learn how to analyze and unlock valuable insights from the growing amount of textual data online.
About the course
This course will demonstrate how text mining can answer business related questions, with a focus on technological innovation. This is a highly modular course, based on data science principles and methodologies. You shall look into technological innovation through mining articles and patents and implement natural language processing. You shall also utilize other available sources of competitive intelligence, such as the gray literature and knowledge bases of companies, news databases, social media feeds and search engine outputs. Text mining will be carried out using Python, and could be easily followed by running the provided iPython notebooks that execute the code.
What you'll learn
- Apprehend the value of mining content in advancing the strategic opportunities of the organization.
- Appraise a variety of textual sources of intelligence, and match the content to your business needs.
- Manage enterprise data in a format which can be cleanly read, updated, and reported upon.
- Select appropriate modelling methods for analyzing textual data.
- Evaluate the suitability, accuracy and generalizability of your model.
- Draw inferences from your text content, generating actionable business intelligence.
- Find and communicate the message in your data.
- Implement a range of appropriate data visualizations in Python.
- Achieve a tight, design-oriented fit for integrating text mining solutions with business needs.
- September 2, 2015
- 6 weeks
- Delft University of Technolog
- Data Analysis & Statistics
For further information and to register, click here.