The Dynamic Earth is a course for educators conducted by the American Museum of Natural History.
About the course
The AMNH course The Dynamic Earth: A Course for Educators provides students with an overview of the origin and evolution of the Earth. Informed by the recently released Next Generation Science Standards, this course examines geological time scales, radiometric dating, and how scientists "read the rocks."
This course will focus on:
- an overview of the history of the Earth and geologic time scales
- an exploration of how scientists "read the rocks"
- evolution of the Earth's ocean basins, mountains, and continents
- interactions of the Earth's major systems
- implementing what you've learned in your classroom
An introductory background in Earth science or geology may be helpful but is not required.
September 8, 2014 - October 6, 2014
For further information, click here.