Introduction to design & development of educational technology is a free online course offered by MITx. This course explores educational technologies and the theories underlying their development through interviews with experts in the field.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology- a coeducational, privately endowed research university founded in 1861- is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
Interested candidates can enroll for this course on or before 23, February 2017.
What is design & development of educational technology course?
- To be effective, educational technologies must be designed based on what we know about how people learn. Through interviews with experts in the field, this course explores educational technologies, outlines the theories that influence their development, and examines their use.
- Participants will both give and receive feedback from others in the class forums as part of this course.
- To synthesize main ideas, participants will work towards creating a pitch for a new educational technology.
What are the topics covered in design & development of educational technology course?
- About the history of educational technologies and how these technologies have influenced on how we learn.
- Explore what it means to learn something and different approaches to deepen learning.
- To focus on active learning and take a closer look at simulations that can foster learning.
- Introduction to the idea of collaborative learning and considers communities of practice.
- An overview of different types of assessment and delves into how technology is changing the field of assessment.
- Is all about design-based research, a methodology for research and design of educational innovations.
What will you learn from design & development of educational technology course?
- A broad understanding of several prominent educational theories and approaches regarding teaching and learning and examples of how these are manifested in educational technologies.
- Different ways technology can be leveraged to foster learning.
- How to recognize different types of assessment and how technology is changing the landscape for assessing learning.
Duration of the course?
- Length: 9 weeks
- Effort: 4-6 hours per week
- Price: Free
- Institution: MITx
- Subject: Education & teacher training
- Level: Introductory
- Languages: English
- Video transcripts: English