Responsible Innovation is a free online course which explores interface of ethics, society and technological innovations. This course is conducted by the Delft University of Technology.
About this Course
Innovation may bring a lot of good to society, but innovation is not a good in itself. History provides many examples of new technologies that have had serious negative consequences or that simply just failed to address significant societal challenges.
This course discusses the concept of responsible innovation, its meaning and its significance by addressing the societal implications of new technologies and showing how we might incorporate ethical considerations into technical innovations.
In this course:
- Discuss the concept of responsible innovation, the individual and collective responsibility and the ethical issues regarding innovation.
- Discuss tools and approaches to responsible innovation, like Value Sensitive Design (VSD).
- Investigate the economic aspects of responsible innovation.
- Introduce constructive technology assessment.
- Elucidate the relation between risk and responsible innovation.
Course Starts: November 25, 2014
Course Length: 5 weeks
For further information, click here.