Recovering the Humankind Past and Saving the Universal Heritage is a free online course conducted by the Sapienza University of Rome.
About the Course
In this course, students shall be introduced to the way we ourselves reflect on and are engaged with the study of human past: from the practical and material recovery of ancient traces in the field to the study and interpretation. On the other hand, the discovery of human past implies the correct conservation and presentation for both experts and general public: the study and protection of the past we share every day prevent from any possible destruction, misuse, abuse and thus cancellation of human memory.
Hurry! To get 10% off on Online Content Writing Course, click here.
- Module 1 (first week): The recovery of the human past and the protection of the universal heritage.
- Module 2 : (second week): The birth of archaeology and its role in the contemporary world.
- Module 3 (third week): The fascination of archaeology in its practices and in interpretation
- Module 4 (fourth week): Archaeology in research practice
- Module 5 (fifth week): Contemporary archaeology and public perception
- Module 6 (six week): Digitizing Cultural Objects and 3D virtual reconstruction
- Module 7 (seventh week): Sharing Digital Cultural Objects over the Internet
- Module 8 (eight week): The past as a universal heritage of humankind
November 24, 2014 - January 5, 2015
For further information, click here.