Programming for Everybody (Python) is a free online programme conducted by the University of Michigan.
About the course
This course aims to teach everyone to learn the basics of programming computers using Python. The course has no pre-requisites and avoids all but the simplest mathematics. Anyone with moderate computer experience should be able to master the materials in this course.
- Week One: Introduction - Why we program?
- Week Two: Variables and Expressions
- Week Three: Conditional code
- Week Four: Functions
- Week Five: Loops and Iteration
- Week Six: Strings
- Week Seven: Files
- Week Eight: Lists
- Week Nine: Dictionaries
- Week Ten: Tuples
- Optional Topic: Regular Expressions
- June 1, 2015 - August 10, 2015
- 10 weeks
For further information and to register, click here.