Programming Mobile Applications for Android Handheld Systems: Part 1 is a free online course which is a part of the mobile cloud computing with android specialisation conducted by the University of Maryland.
About the course
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the design and implementation of Android applications for handheld systems, such as smartphones and tablets.
Course completers will be able to build their own Android applications and experienced engineers to master a powerful set of development skills.
Part 1 of this course shall focus on the core components of the Android platform that underly all Android applications:
- setting up your Android Development Environment
- working with screen configurations and multiple screen sizes
- working with the all-important Activity Class and its lifecycle
- being able implement intents and permissions
- running multiple activities with the Fragment Class
- creating user interfaces to make your apps run smoothly for your users.
February 16, 2015 - March 16, 2015
For further information, click here.