Principles of Electric Circuits is a free, online course conducted by the Tsinghua University. Electricity is almost everywhere. Our civilization involves constant utilization of electricity, and electric circuits are important tools for this. In Principles of Electric Circuits, you will learn sufficient techniques for analyzing and designing circuits.
About the course
The main content of this course contains linear and nonlinear resistive circuits, time domain analysis of the dynamic circuits, and the steady state analysis of the dynamic circuits with sinusoidal excitations. Important concepts, e.g. filters, resonance, quiescent point, etc., cutting-edge elements, e.g. MOSFETs and Op Amps, etc., systematic analyzing tools, e.g. node method and phasor method, etc., and real-world engineering applications, e.g. square wave generator and pulse power supply for railgun, etc., will be discussed in depth.
What you'll learn
- Math basics for studying circuits
- Techniques for analyzing circuits with any scale and containing any element
- Real world applications of circuits
- Concepts related to EECS courses, e.g. signals and systems, electronics, etc.
- Perspectives needed for qualified engineers, e.g. engineering, equivalence, and abstraction
- September 7, 2015
- 18 weeks
- Tsinghua University
For further information and to register, click here.