Plasma Physics and Applications is the first MOOC to teach the basics of plasma physics and its main applications: fusion energy, astrophysical and space plasmas, societal and industrial applications.
About the course
This course will provide you with a basic knowledge of plasma physics and of its applications, which will enable you to understand some of the most important phenomena in space and astrophysics, how plasmas can be used in industry, and how we can achieve fusion on earth to contribute solving the problem of energy in sustainable development.
- Basic knowledge of plasma physics and of the different models to describe plasmas
- Vision of different applications of plasmas
- Understanding of the fusion energy challenge, and acquisition of the basis for developing an overall vision of the different R&D elements
- Understanding of the main plasma societal applications and of the relevant tools
- Vision and appreciation of the importance of plasmas in space and astrophysics
- May 1, 2015
- 9 weeks
For further information and to register, click here.