University of Pennsylvania is offering course on 'Design: Creation of Artifacts in Society'. The course enables you to learn combine fundamental concepts with hands-on design challenges to become a better designer.
About the course
The course aims at making you a better designer. The course has both theory and practical classes. The course focuses on all domains of design, including architecture, graphics, services, apparel, engineered goods, and products. The course emphasises on basic design process: define, explore, select, and refine.
- Week One: The Design Process
- Week Two: User Needs
- Week Three: Decomposition of User Needs
- Week Four: Concept Selection
- Week Five: Concept Testing
- Week Six: Aesthetics in Design
- Week Seven: Brands
- Week Eight: Introduction to Supply Chain and Costing
- The course does not need specific prerequisites. Those with strong skills in visual expression (sketching, 3D modeling, model making) will find the design challenges easier .
- Course length: 8 weeks
- Course begins on: 20 April
For further information, click here