Introduction to video game asset creation and process is a free online course offered by R.I.T. This course explores the tools, processes, and platforms that allow video game assets to be created and assembled into a commercial game.
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
Interested candidates can enroll for this course on or before 6, March 2017.
What are video game asset creation and process course?
- Modern video games are incredibly complex multimedia productions involving still and motion graphics, code, audio, interface elements, narrative elements and much more.
- In this course, you will learn how and where all these pieces come from, who's in charge of each piece and the different stages of the game design process.
- Also, show you how everything is brought together to create a final product.
What will you learn from video game asset creation and process course?
- How the different elements within a video game are created.
- How video game assets are created differently than other media products.
- How the assets come together and who's responsible for making all the pieces work together.
- How a video game gets "polished" into a shipping product.
Duration of the course?
- Length: 5 weeks
- Effort: 3 hours per week
- Price: Free
- Institution: RITx
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Introductory
- Languages: English
- Video transcripts: English