NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) is a joint initiative of the IITs and IISc.
Through this initiative, NPTEL offers online course and certification in Programming, Data structures & Algorithms.
About the course:
This is a course on programming, data structures and algorithms. The learner is assumed to have no prior experience of programming, but is expected to be at the level of a second year undergraduate college student in science or engineering. The course will run over ten weeks with about 2-3 hours of lectures per week.
At the end of each week, the learner is expected to write some programs and submit them for grading. These programming problems are classified as easy, moderate or difficult. The easy problems, typically, are repeats from the lecture. The moderate and difficult ones will require increasing levels of initiative from the learner.
In addition, at the end of each week the learner is expected to answer a set of objective-type assessment questions.
- Duration: 10 weeks
- 2-3 hours of lecture per week
- Aimed at college students 2nd year & above
- Online assessment & programming assignments
- In-person proctored examination with certification
How to apply:
Candidates have to apply online.
- Last date for submission of application form is 10th March 2014.
- Registration for certification exam on 31th March 2014.
- Dates for certification exam is on 01st, 07th, & 08th June 2014.