Molecular Biology - Part 2: Transcription and Transposition is a free online course conducted by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In this course, students can strengthen their scientific thinking and experimental design skills in this adventure through transcription and transposition.
About the course
In Part 2 of this Molecular Biology course, you'll explore transcription of DNA to RNA, a key part of the central dogma of biology and the first step of gene expression.
What you'll learn
- How to compare and contrast transcription in prokaryotes and eukaryotes
- How to describe several mechanisms of transposition
- How to analyze protein structures to infer functional information
- How to design the best experiment to test a hypothesis
- How to interpret data from transcription and transposition experiments
- October 27, 2015
- 6 weeks
For further information and to register, click here.