Introduction To The Music Business is a free online course offered by BerkleeX, this course enables you to learn the latest about the rapidly changing music industry from recording, publishing, and distribution to legal issues confronting music commerce.
Berklee Online is the online extension school of Berklee College of Music, delivering access to Berklee's acclaimed curriculum from anywhere in the world.
Berklee Online's award-winning online courses, multi-course certificate programs, and Bachelor of Professional Studies degrees are accredited and taught by the college's world-renowned faculty, providing lifelong learning opportunities to people interested in music and working in the music industry.
Interested candidates can enroll in this online, course on or before April 17, 2017.
About introduction to the music business?
Three things are clear about today's music industry:
- The consumption of music is expanding at the greatest rate in history and from the most portals ever imagined, the cost of producing music is decreasing,
- The number of artists creating and seeking to expose their work and develop careers through the Internet has increased dramatically.
- As demand grows and Internet piracy wanes, ad-supported and subscription models will generate unprecedented revenues that will surpass even the best of past earnings.
- And, many astute "music industry-watchers" predict a steep rise in business activity and trade earnings by the end of the decade.
- Whether you're a music creator, consumer, or facilitator of this process, you'll want to understand the history, underpinnings, and basics of the music business.
- This course has been developed to provide students with the latest instruction on the best way for creators, consumers, and facilitators to navigate the resurgence of one of the world's most exciting industries: the music business.
- Course author John Kellogg-administrator, educator, entertainment lawyer, performer, and radio and television personality- offers students the opportunity to learn the fundamental principles of the developing new music business, for now, and into the future.
What is learned?
- The basic history of the music industry and today's business trends.
- How recording agreements are formulated.
- The basics of copyright law as it pertains to the music business.
- The role of agents, managers, attorneys, and specific business entities.
Duration of the course?
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 5 hours per week
- Price: Free. Add a verified certificate for $49
- Institution: BerkleeX
- Subject: Music
- Level: Introductory
- Languages: English
- Video transcripts: English
For further information & to register click here: https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-music-business-berkleex-mb110x-10