Online Course On Introduction to Statistical Methods for Gene Mapping is offered by Kyoto University, which helps you to learn about genetic variations and gene mapping.
To know more about gene mapping online course enroll on or before by April 1, 2017.
About Introduction to Statistical Methods for Gene Mapping course?
- This data course is a primer to statistical genetics and covers an approach called linkage disequilibrium mapping, which analyzes non-familial data and has been successfully used to identify genetic variants associated with common and complex genetic traits.
- We hope many students find this introductory course interesting and are motivated to study further topics in statistical genetics to understand biological variation from statistical standpoints.
- Previous knowledge of molecular genetics and basic statistical concepts, such as statistical tests and estimation, is required.
- Basic knowledge on genetic variations is offered at the start of the course.
What is learned in this course?
- Basic terms for genetic variations and gene mapping.
- Linkage disequilibrium mapping and genome-wide association studies (GWAS).
- Common and rare variants and their effects on phenotypes.
Duration of the course?
- Length: 4 weeks
- Effort: 2-3 hours per week
- Institution: KyotoUx
- Subject: Data Analysis and Statistics
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price: Free Add a verified certificate for $49
- Level: Advanced
- Undergraduate molecular genetics knowledge.
- Basic concepts of statistical tests and estimation.
For further information and to register, visit the official website.