Hospitality and Tourism Technology and Innovation is a free online course offered by
HKPolyUx, this course will help you to learn about information and communication technologies [ICTs] and innovations in the hotel and tourism industries.This course is a part of Micro Masters.
HKPolyUz is the free online courses from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is committed to education and preparing students to become global citizens through quality learning and teaching.
Interested candidates can enroll for this online course on or before March 7, 2107.
About this course:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the strategic applications of ICT (information and communication technologies) innovations in the hospitality and tourism industry.
- You will learn about the roles of ICT infrastructures and tools in shaping the business environment, business models, marketing practices, revenue strategies, and customer services.
- We will also discuss the dynamics that is generated in the development of ICTs and its impact on hospitality and tourism organizations.
Note: The price of this course is USD $150.
Prerequisites: Learners need to have hospitality and tourism related experiences.
What is learned?
- Develop a holistic view of the various knowledge and theories of ICT and innovation management applicable to the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Appraise, analyze and evaluate the general impact and applications of ICTs on various sectors in the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Critically assess the relationship between the hospitality and tourism industry and its technological macro-environment.
- Identify and provide leadership at work in relation to information, technology and innovation management.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate ICT and innovation management theories to support hospitality and tourism organizations in enhancing their business.
- Communicate and react proactively to industry stakeholders including staff, travelers, government and commercial organizations in the area of ICTs and innovation.
- Understand the application of big data analytics for better decision-making in the context of hospitality and tourism industry.
What are the topics covered in Hospitality And Tourism Technology And Innovation?
- An Introduction to IT and Hospitality & Tourism industry.
- Information technology adoption and dynamic impact on hospitality & tourism organizations.
- Value creation through IT and innovation.
- Innovation strategy through mobile technology and social media in hospitality & tourism industry
- Business analytics for data-based decision making in hospitality and tourism organizations.
- Technology development and the future of hospitality and tourism organizations.
Duration of the course?
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 6-8 hours per week
- Price: Free. Add a verified certificate for $150.
- Institution: HKPolyUx
- Subject: Business & Management
- Level: Intermediate
- Languages: English
- Video transcripts: English, Simplified Chinese
For further information & to register click here: https://www.edx.org/course/hospitality-tourism-technology-hkpolyux-htm540x#!