Introduction to basic concepts and applications of thermodynamics in mechanical engineering - an online course by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
About the course:
This course is designed for students of mechanical engineering. We will study the terms and concepts used in thermodynamics, with precise definitions. The three laws of thermodynamics (zeroth, first, and second) will be explored in detail, and the properties of materials will be studied. Many useful relations will be derived.
The topics include:
- Basic concepts and definitions
- The work interaction
- The first law, energy, and the heat interaction
- The zeroth law, temperature, and scales of temperature
- Properties of gases and liquids, equations of state
- The second law, thermodynamic temperature scales, and entropy
- Relations between properties
- Open thermodynamic systems
Classes start: July 29.
Course length: 12 weeks
Estimated effort: 8 - 10 hours / week
To apply, click here.