The fact that you are reading this article on your system is because of intense programming done in the background. In today's world of Internet and smart-phones where everything is programmed, one may be curious to know the basics of programming.
Introduction to programming has become an essential part of the curriculum of high schools these days. University of Toronto has brought an online course named 'Learn to Program: The Fundamentals' on coursera.
About the course:
This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and will teach to write fun and useful programs using the Python language. The course is aimed at the high school students and those who are in first year of college, and have an interest in programming. The course will start on September 26.
What will one learn from this course?
- Python, Variables and Functions
- Strings and Designing Functions
- Booleans, Import, Namespaces and if Statements
- For loops and Fancy String Manipulation
- While Loops, Lists and Mutability
- For Loops Over Indices, Parallel and Nested Lists and Strings, and Files
- Tuples and Dictionaries
- The course without certification is free of cost
- If you want certification as well, the fee is Rs. 1938