The purpose of this course is to improve feedback, clinical teaching, and assessment of clinical skills.
About the course:
Clinical teaching takes place in the clinical setting for health professions. Clinical teachers have the challenging and meaningful responsibility to convey the bedside art and science of medical practice. This course will provide clinicians with the tools to improve their clinical teaching and assessment practices.
This course provides instruction and experience for educating members of the health professions an asynchronous way to obtain, expand, and improve their clinical teaching skills. While many courses seek to build knowledge and knowledge application, this course will extend the application to performance- based skills.
After completing this course, learners will:
- Learn a variety of applied teaching techniques
- Be able to have an effective feedback discussion
- Be able to orient the learner in their clinical setting
- Be able to analyze the RIME* level of the learner and share strategies for learner to improve
- Understand and apply entrustment and autonomy to effectively supervise and teach residents
- Share successful strategies in these areas
- Integrate these teaching and assessing strategies successfully in their clinical environment
Duration: 6 weeks
Timings: 3 to 5 hours / week
To apply, click here.