University of Bocconi and coursera offers an online course on managing fashion and luxury companies for free.
Learn how fashion and luxury companies work and understand their brands, products, retail, and communication strategies. Travel through business models, international development, and product categories with industry influent experts.
About the course:
The course provides an overview of the global fashion and luxury business and an in-depth understanding of what drives the market, business models, and brand management strategies.
Adopting a case-study approach, the course presents strategic brand management in luxury and fashion companies as a balancing act: tradition vs. innovation, expertise vs. experimentation, casual vs. stylish; in order to increase the brand value by nurturing the brand heritage and at the same time staying fresh, relevant, and contemporary in the global marketplace.
- Week 1: What Is Fashion? What Is Luxury?: Defining Complex Ideas and Business Logic
- Week 2: The Evolution of Business Models: From Designers To Fast Fashion Retailers
- Week 3: Product: Form the Stylistic Identity To a Real Seasonal Collection
- Week 4: Communication Identity and Digital Challenge: New Media and Social Networks In Fashion and Luxury
- Week 5: Retail Identity and Strategy: The Customer's Experience and Journey Within an "Omni-Channel" World
Duration: 5 weeks
Timings: 3 to 4 hours / week
To apply, click here.