Introduction to gameplay programming for video game designers is a free online course offered by RITx, this course enables to learn on how to create the best gameplay by understanding the algorithmic thinking in simple programming problems and applying it to game design.
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
Interested candidates can enroll for this online course on or before September 11, 2017.
About this course?
- Some video game designers are programmers in their own right and may have even come from that background to a designer's role. Others have a less formal background.
- All video game designers should have a solid understanding of what programmers can and cannot do, how assets interact with code, what algorithmic thinking is and how to take advantage of the capabilities of different engines and tools.
What is learned?
- The different types of programming and skill set required for video game designers.
- The common processes of programming.
- How different control structures work.
- How assets make their way to a video game and how they interact with the code.
Duration of the course?
- Length: 5 weeks
- Effort: 3 hours per week
- Price: Free. Add a verified certificate for $49
- Institution: RITx
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Introductory
- Languages: English
- Video transcripts: English
For further information & to register click to the official website.