Johns Hopkin University is offering an online course on R Programming. The course focuses on how to programme in R and how to use R for effective data analysis.
About the Course
The course will help you to learn how to programme in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will also learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language.
The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples.
Note: The university will be offering a Chinese version of this course starting March 2, re-running on a monthly basis and sharing the same schedule with the English version.
The course will cover the following material each week:
- Week 1: Overview of R, R data types and objects, reading and writing data
- Week 2: Control structures, functions, scoping rules, dates and times
- Week 3: Loop functions, debugging tools
- Week 4: Simulation, code profiling
- Familiarity with programming concepts will be useful as well basic knowledge of statistical reasoning; Data Scientist's Toolbox
- Course length: 4 weeks
- Course begins on: April 4
For further information and to register, click here.