Introduction to Operations Management is a free, online course conducted by the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. This course lets candidates understand the key aspects of business operations and lean management including capacity, productivity, quality, and supply chain.
About the course
Introduction to Operations Management helps you to understand the role of OM in a firm and to develop abilities to structure and solve operations related problems. The course will empower you with skills to address important aspects of business operations including capacity, productivity, quality, and supply chain.
Things you'll learn
- Identify an operations system with some known standard configurations
- Make an assessment of the complexity of an operations system
- Compute cycle times for operations and estimate capacity of the system
- Understand the various components of a supply chain and the need to configure them appropriately
- Identify methods for reducing bullwhip effect in supply chains
- Understand and relate the concept of Lean Management to one's own business situation
- Initiate process & productivity improvement using NVA Analysis
- Use specific tools and techniques to analyze quality problems
- Monitor a process using control charts
August 18, 2015
For further information and to register, click here.