Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB) is conducting an online course on 'Introduction to Operations Management'. The course enables you to understand key aspects of business operations and lean management including capacity, productivity, quality, and supply chain.
About The Course:
Introduction to Operations Management helps you to understand the role of Operations Management (OM) in a firm and to develop abilities to structure and solve operations related problems.
The course will empower you with skills to address important aspects of business operations including capacity, productivity, quality, and supply chain.
Students will understand how operations in an organisation are configured and factors that can potentially drive the complexity of managing such operations. We will also introduce concepts like estimating capacity, identifying bottlenecks, and de-bottlenecking.
The course will equip students with the right tools, techniques and skills to estimate, compute, analyze and configure key elements of operations management.
- Identify an operations system with some known standard configurations
- Make an assessment of the complexity of an operations system
- Compute cycle times for operations and estimate capacity of the system
- Understand the various components of a supply chain and the need to configure them appropriately
- Identify methods for reducing bullwhip effect in supply chains
- Understand and relate the concept of Lean Management to one's own business situation
- Initiate process & productivity improvement using NVA Analysis
- Use specific tools and techniques to analyze quality problems
- Monitor a process using control charts
Candidates should have a prior knowledge on basic concepts in statistics, such as Mean and Standard Deviation.
- Course Starts on: March 29
- Course length: 7 weeks
For more details on the course, visit the website