Microsoft is conducting an online course on 'Implementing Microsoft Windows Server Disks and Volumes'. The course helps you to learn: How to implement Microsoft Windows Server disks and volumes and how to secure storage with BitLocker and Encrypted File System (EFS).
About The Course:
One of the key components when you plan to deploy Microsoft Windows Server is storage. Most organizations require lots of storage because users and applications are constantly working with and creating data.
As a Microsoft Windows Server System Administrator you must be able to:
- Identify and decide on the type of storage your organisation needs
- Manage disks, volumes, and file systems
- Use BitLocker to secure volumes
- Encrypt data with Encrypted File System (EFS)
This interactive computer science course teaches through video, discussion, practical exercises and assessments. Each topic is job- focused and designed to ensure you can confidently perform the task.
This course helps you to decide
- Decide if a career in IT is for you
- Prepare for an introductory job in Windows Server administration
- Study for Microsoft certification tests and badges
- Improve your skills in handling disks and volumes, and securing Windows Server storage
- Students taking this course will also be interested in INF201.22, Optimizing Windows Server Storage. INF201.22 builds on the foundational knowledge gained in this course
Lesson 1 - Disks
- Select appropriate hardware disks based on your organization's need.
- Initialize, format, and access server disk storage.
- Decide on and configure MBR and GPT partition styles.
- Implement different types of disks.
- Configure NTFS, FAT, and ReFS file systems.
Lesson 2 - Volumes
- Create and configure volumes.
- Resize (shrink and extend) volumes.
- Implement fault tolerant strategies.
- Create striped and spanned volumes.
- Create a disk mirror.
Lesson 3 - Securing Disks and Volumes
- Learn when to use BitLocker and what advantages the technology provides.
- Know when to use TPM and what capabilities it provides.
- Install the BitLocker feature and configure it using Group Policy settings.
- Enable BitLocker and encrypt drives.
- Configure and use Encrypted File System to encrypt files.
- Identify usage cases for EFS and BitLocker.
- Learners should have some general understanding of server and storage concepts. This course will only review fundamental information where necessary to illustrate how Microsoft implements a Windows Server feature.
- It would be helpful to have completed INF201.12, Introduction to Windows Server as this ensures you have a strong foundation in Server Manager, server roles, and server features.
- Windows PowerShell will be the tool of choice when implementing the features in this course. Therefore, it would be helpful to have completed INF201x, Windows PowerShell Fundamentals. This ensures you have a strong foundation in accessing and using simple Windows PowerShell commands.
- Course Length: 6 weeks
- Course Starts on: November 24, 2015
For more information on the course visit the website