IIT Kharagpur invites applications for its short term programme on 'Planning and Managing Human Resource: Tools and Techniques' for the academic year 2014. This course is offered by the Department of Humanities and Social Science of IITKgp. Students can apply online by visiting the official website of IITKgp.
In today's time practitioners and academicians are paying more attention to strategic planning for human resources. Some contemporary business practitioners believe HRM is the core issue of organisational survival. It is the only competitive advantage that moves organisations towards excellence. It is often quoted as the ‘Be All' and ‘End All' of an organisation. Though people have always been central to organisations, today even they have
taken strategically central role in building a firms' competitive advantage. Particularly in knowledge based industries, success increasingly depends upon "people embodied know how". This includes the knowledge, skills, and abilities imbedded in an organisation's members. To describe the importance of people in an organisation, some experts name it as "Human Resources" or "Human Capital" or "Intellectual Capital" to indicate the human capabilities that drive organisational performance. The present course is designed to impart
knowledge of Human Resource Planning and Management to the participants with the following objectives.
- To educate and familiarise the participants with the advanced theories and models of human resource planning and management.
- To update them about the latest developments in the field of human resource development and management.
- To train them to be well-versed with the use and applicability of various tools and techniques of HR Audits and its implementations.
- To enrich their knowledge with the experience of both theories and practices of HRP, HRD and HRM with an Indian perspective for nurturing the future manger in academics to meet any challenges of tomorrow's industry / organisations.
Topics to be covered:
- Strategic Human Resource Planning
- Carrier Planning and Management
- Career Advancement and Succession Planning
- Recruitment, Selection & Placement
- Training & Development
- Employee Retention
- Competency Mapping and Feedback
- Performance Management System
- HR Audit
- HR Score Card
- Job Design
No course fee will be charged from the teachers of AICTE approved engineering colleges/ institute/ universities.
- For industry participants: Rs. 15,000/-
- Private practitioners/ professionals: Rs.10, 000/-
- Faculty from non AICTE colleges: Rs. 10, 000/-
- Research scholar/ PG students: Rs. 8,500/-
Last date to apply: 15th April, 2014
For more details, click here.