Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur offers a short-term course on Advanced DSP design techniques from 10th-14th June 2014.
Course content: The course aims at providing a comprehensive coverage of techniques for designing efficient VLSI architectures for DSP. Towards this, architectural optimization both at block level as well as at logic level will be considered. The key issues that will be taken up are as follows:
- Graphical Representation of DSP Algorithms
- Re-timing for Throughput Maximization
- Pipelined and Parallel Filter Structures
- Bit Serial Digital Filters
- Distributed Arithmetic and Multiplier-less Realization of Digital Filters
- Redundant Arithmetic
- DSP Architectures: Data-path and Control
- Speed Power Area Accuracy Trade-off
- Synchronous vs Asynchronous Designs
- Memory Bandwidth Management
- DSP for Embedded Applications
To apply: Interested persons may apply using the registration form provided on the website, along with the registration fee, paid through a demand draft drawn in favour of ‘CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur' and payable at Kharagpur. The number of seats is limited and interested candidates are advised to register early.
The registration form can be found at http://www.ecdept.iitkgp.ernet.in/web/faculty/mrityun/docs/summer2014/form.htm
Registration fee: INR 9500.00 for teachers from universities/ colleges, INR 17000.00 for people from the industry, INR 7500.00 for students/research scholars (A bona fide certificate from parent institution should be included). Registration fee includes accommodation, breakfast and all meals, course material and course fees.
Last date of registration: 20th May, 2014
More information about the course can be found at http://www.ecdept.iitkgp.ernet.in/web/faculty/mrityun/docs/summer2014/index.htm