IIT Roorkee, invites applications for its short term programme 'Multivariate Techniques' for the academis year 2014. Eligible students can apply online by logging on to the official website of the IITK.
- To help those who are pursuing / about to register themselves for Ph.D. degree
- To help teachers of UG and PG programs in management and engineering institutes
- To impart knowledge of tools and techniques of decision making to Ph.D. scholars of various management and engineering institutes.
- To establish and strengthen links with research institutes and organisations working in the area of market research.
The data for decision making exploded in recent years, and it will continue to do so in future, probably even faster. Some of the data can be analysed and understood with simple statistics, but much of it requires more complex, multivariate statistical techniques to convert these data
into knowledge. Multivariate analysis techniques are popular because they enable organisations to create knowledge and thereby improve their decision making. Multivariate techniques are extension of univariate analysis and bivariate analysis. Researchers now require knowledge of these techniques.
Topics to be covered:
- Regression and correlation analysis
- Factor Analysis
- Multiple Discriminant Analysis and LR
- Cluster Analysis
- Multi Dimensional Scaling
- Conjoint Analysis
- Structure Equation Modeling
- Corporate participants: Rs. 12000
- Academicians/ faculty/ Research scholars of other institutes: Rs. 10,000
- Research scholars of the IITR without boarding and lodging: Rs. 6000
Mode of payment:
The course fee should be sent in advance through a bank draft along with the duly filled nomination proforma. The DD should be drawn in favor of "Head, CEC, IIT Roorkee", payable at Roorkee with intimation to the course coordinator.
- Last date for receiving of application form: 24h March, 2014
- Confirmation of participation to the course: 26th March, 2014
For more details, click here.