Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur is all set to conduct a short-term course on IIT-K offers short-term course on Surface Mining: Safety and Productivity from 26th to 28th June 2014.
The course would include application of Vetiver System Technology for spoil dump management and for Catchment Area Treatment (CAT) around surface mining projects. The college expects the participants will be able to prepare a list of required initiatives for their place of work.
The topics covered in this course are:
- Purpose and role of different surface mining technology
- Professional issues of safety and productivity in mines and their audits
- Procedures for safety and productivity auditing audit planning
- Basics of spoil dump management:stabilization and reclamation
- Catchment Area Treatment: what it is and how to do it
- Introduction of vetiver system: preparing proposal for system implementation
This course will be suitable for those who have already had exposure to surface mining and are exposed to organizational practices through work experience in surface mining operations. It would also be suitable for managers, executives and supervisory staff engaged operations and planning of surface mining. Surveyors working in surface mines will also be benefited. The course will be very helpful in discharging their duties particularly for the Safety Officers, Environmental Managers and Excavation Engineers
Fee for the course is INR 20000 per participant. Payable by demand draft drawn in favor of "CEP-STC, IIT, Kharagpur" at Kharagpur
Last date to register for the course is 28th May, 2014.
For all further details, please visit the official website at http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/downloads/stc_mi_smsp.pdf