IIT Indore invites applications for its short term course on 'Measurement Techniques in Thermal Engineering' for the academic year 2014. This programme has been organised by the Department of Mechanical Engineering of IITI. Students can apply online by logging on to the official website of IITI.
This short-term course is aimed at providing the fundamental knowledge about the experimental methods and measurement techniques in the field of fluid mechanics and heat transfer. Measurement of various parameters such as: flow rate, pressure and temperature will be discussed in detail to have the basic knowledge of the experimental methods. Emphasis will also be given to introducing modern probes, transducers and instrumentation used in flow and heat transfer experiments. Demonstration and hands-on-sessions on certain equipments would complement the theoretical aspects of the course. Overall, the objective of the course is to help the engineers and researchers to design in the experiments in thermo-fluids engineering.
Topics to be covered:
- Essence of experimental investigation midst of growing trends in analytical and computational methods
- Basics of different pressure gauges, flow measuring techniques and temperature measuring techniques
- IR thermography
- Particle image velocimetry (PIV)
- Hotwire anemometry (HWA)
- Laser Doppler velocimetry (LDV)
- Rs. 15,000 (for industry person)
- Rs. 8,000/- (for a person from the academic/research organisation)
- Rs. 5000/- For students
- Last date to apply: 15th May, 2014
- Course starts on: 30th May, 2014
- Course ends on: 31st May, 2014
For more details, click here