IIT Indore, invites applications for its short term course on 'Introduction to Research' for the academic year 2014. The course is conducted by the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Students can apply online by logging on to the official website of IITI.
Research involves choosing a particular research topic, collecting bibliography from various sources, planning and working on new research problems. It also involves publishing, dissemination of results in conferences and workshops, writing reports, thesis etc. A researcher gets to know all/ even few of those only when he/she is in that particular stage of research. It is essential to have an excellent understanding of all the key stages right at the beginning to have a successful research career, which is the very main objective of this course on 'Introduction to Research'. You will be taken through each stage of this process during this two day course, imparting advice and best guidelines to pursue research.
The course has been designed to introduce all these aspects and create awareness amongst researchers. Emphasis will be given on the use of end Note and/ latex for preparing research articles with practical session. This course will prove to be an important tool for helping researchers to carry out their research in a well-defined path. This course suits the needs of any budding researcher regardless of their field of expertise (engineering, science, medical, management, humanities or arts).
Topics to be covered:
- Introduction to Research
- Bullet Modulus on Bibliographical resources
- Bullet Research data Management
- Bullet Journals
- Bullet Safety Procedures
- Bullet Documentation
- Bullet Publishing
- Bullet Dissemination of research
- Bullet Don'ts in research
- Bullet Scientific Networks in research
- Category A: Rs. 10,000 for Ph.D/ Postgraduate/ Undergraduate students
- Category B: Rs. 12,500 for faculties from private institutions
- Category C: Rs. 15,000 for faculties from Govt educational institutes/ Universities/ Colleges
- Category D: Rs. 20,000 for participants from R & D Sectors/Industries
- Category E: Rs. 20,000 for those who hold Ph.D Degree
- Late Registration: 15th March, 2014
- Course starts: 22nd March, 2014
- Course ends: 23rd March, 2014
For more details, click here.