IIT Indore invites applications for short term course on 'Applied Economics' programme for the academic year 2014. The course is run by the School of Humanities and Social Sciences of IITI. Eligible students can apply online by visiting the official website of IITI.
This course is about econometric methods and its applications for estimating and testing the unknown parameters of economic relationships. The course focuses on both the statistical reasoning underlying the methodologies and the practical considerations involved in using those methods on real data with statistical packages.
Objective of the course:
- To understand the basic principles of regression analysis, estimate its parameters and draw statistical inferences in the context of regression models.
- To test hypotheses about economic relationships.
- To specify and interpret models using dummy variables.
- To test for heteroscedasticity, autocorrelation and stationarity of the disturbances of a regression model.
Topics to be covered:
- Regression analysis: estimation and inference
- Regression analysis with qualitative information: binary (or Dummy) variables
- Introductory time series analysis.
Who can attend:
- Research scholars
- Faculty members from colleges, universities and institutes
- Industry personnel
Accommodation can be provided on request in hostel @ Rs. 250 per day subject to the availability. Candidates kindly mention their requirement for accommodation in the registration form.
- Research scholars: Rs.2500
- Faculty members: Rs.5000
- Industry personnel: Rs.7000
- Last date to apply: 14th April, 2014
- Course starts on: 12th May, 2014
- Course ends on: 14th May, 2014
For more details, click here.