The School of Electrical Sciences of the Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar has announced that it will conduct a short-term course on Advances in PID Control: Theory and Applications from 11-12 July, 2014.
Because of its simplicity in structure and past record of success, majority of the industries all around the world use PID to control the plant that is subjected to various random disturbances both at the input and output end. Owing to its importance in the industrial domain, a short term course is organized at IIT Bhubaneswar to provide a framework regarding the advanced design methodologies and implementation of PID control. This course also contains some benchmark examples to demonstrate the utility of PID controllers.
The major topics that will be covered in this course are as follows:
- Basics of PID control, Design approaches, Implementation issues
- 2-DOF PID control
- Multi-variable PID control structure
- Multi-variable PID design using LQR approach
- Some industrial/practical applications
- Design of PID control using soft-computing techniques
- Application of PID control to Power Engineering and Renewable Energy Systems
- PID simulations of some practical systems
This short course is aimed for academicians, researchers and engineers from the field of electrical & electronics engineering. The registration fee for the different categories of participants is as follows:
Students: INR 1500
Academicians: INR 2000
Delegates from Govt. or Private Agencies: INR 3000
Please note that the fee includes registration, meals and high tea.
Last date of form submission: 15th June 2014.