Are you a beginner writer? Do you know you want to put pen to paper but not know where to start?
This eight-session online creative writing course will give you an introduction to the basic elements of creative writing, from prose fiction to poetry.
The course is entirely free, and you can work through it at your own pace. The exercises are designed to help you start writing and self-analyse your work.
The creative writing course will cover:
1. Releasing your Creativity: Explore how to tap into your creativity, and whether you are naturally more inclined towards writing poetry or prose.
2. How to write a short story: A look at how writing a short story differs from writing a novel, and some tips on a short story structure.
3. Writing from a point of view (POV): How your choice of first, second or third person POV can have a dramatic effect on how readers engage with your story.
4. Bringing your writing to life: How to activate your writing and transform it into a sensual experience.
5. Writing characters: Writing complex, believable characters to inhabit your literary world.
6. Writing dialogue: Your voice as an author, writing dialogue between characters, use of dialect, and some tips on the mechanics of laying out your text.
7. Poetry: how to write poems- The basics of writing poetry: lyric versus narrative, structured versus free verse, rhythm and meter.
8. Markets, competitions and opportunities: How to further develop your writing by joining a writer's group and entering competitions, and some tips on getting published.
Official website - http://creative-writing-course.thecraftywriter.com/